Twin Cities Day Camps | Various Ages
Note: there are currently no 2017 French Twin Cities Day Camps scheduled. Please visit our French Adventure Day Camps pages to learn about opportunities in Bemidji, Minn.
Twin Cities Day Camps are a great introduction to language, and a wonderful precursor to our overnight programs. Offered in partnership with local school districts, these programs are held at various locations throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. Utilizing our trademark teaching methods, Twin Cities Day Camps include art, music, games and snacks to introduce the youngest learners to language and culture.
Twin Cities Day Camps are offered in partnership with local schools and school districts. The schedule is set each summer once school districts finalize their own summer community education schedules.
Sample daily schedule
- Arrival: Children arrive and do an activity while everyone gets settled.
- Gathering: The group gathers for introductions and singing. The theme of the day is introduced.
- Exploration I: Exploration activities vary day-to-day and include things like arts & crafts, dancing and games from the target cultures.
- Snack: The children have a culturally relevant snack (provided).
- Gym or Outside Play: Authentic world games are played in the target language.
- Exploration II: More exploratory activities.
- Wrap-up: Recapping the day, getting a hint about tomorrow, and then getting ready to go home.
- Home: Day camp ends. See you tomorrow!