Innebandy, or indoor floor hockey, is a big hit!
No two years are the same at Skogfjorden and the variety of activities will vary from day to day. Innebandy (indoor floor hockey), knitting, Viking games, and folkedans (folk dance) are just a taste of what the Norwegian Language Village has to offer. Skogfjorden gives you the chance to expand on your current interests as well as the opportunity to discover new ones.
Apart from the nine cabins, the Norwegian Language Village boasts many places to explore. The __ acre site is home to
- Elaborate rosemaling in our dining hall Gimle,
- An indoor gymnasium, craft space, and cooking classroom in the activity building Utgard,
- Two authentic immigrant cabins from the late 1800’s and a woodworking barn,
- A labyrinth like the one in Holmengrå, far away in northern Norway,
- The Syv Søstre pocket garden and sculpture designed to encourage experiencing your surroundings,
- A waterfront for swimming, canoeing, fishing, and relaxing around a bonfire,
- Two Norwegian stores with authentic goodies like Melkesjokolade and Kvikk Lunsj from Norway,
- And many other places to discover.
- Come and explore with us!