- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or international equivalent
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in the Village language, both conversational and written
- Experience teaching the Village language and culture
- Experience working with adolescents 14-18 years of age
- Experience as a teacher in the United States school system, preferred
- Teaching licensure, preferred
- Previous Concordia Language Villages or other camp experience (residential or day only), preferred
- Under the direction of the Four-week Curriculum Facilitator, plan, teach and assess language classes.
- Maintain accurate grade records, complete mid-session progress reports and final evaluations.
- Maintain communication with Four-week Curriculum Facilitator on the progress of all villagers in the class.
- Live in a cabin with children (“villagers”), as part of a counseling team, to provide supervision. Lead games, Cabin Council and other activities to create a cabin community.
- Assist with other aspects of Village life, including cultural presentations and activity periods.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the dean and leadership staff.
Starting at $520 for a one-week period, room and board.