- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Waterfront lifeguard certified and Head Lifeguard Course (ARC)
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Concordia Language Villages experience as a counselor
- Experience as a lifeguard at a beach
- Oral proficiency in the target language
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies, consulting with the dean for necessary repairs or purchases and maintain the beach area
- Orient staff and villagers to water safety rules
- Administer a swim test to staff and villagers
- Supervise all water activities and enforce the safety rules
- Complete records in the Village’s waterfront manual, commenting on waterfront program effectiveness and including suggestions.
- Assume counseling duties as designated by the dean
- Perform additional duties as designated by the dean, such as giving swimming and boating lessons, serving as a counselor, teaching crafts or language
- Supervise credit villagers at the waterfront during the interim weekend as designated by the dean
Starting at $240 for a one-week period, room and board.