Credit Abroad Teacher – French, German or Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent
- Experience as a teacher in the U.S. school system, preferred
- Skills in teaching the target language
- Conversational and written proficiency in the target language
- Work experience with the age group concerned
- Teach the assigned credit classes, plan content, and implement and evaluate the plan.
- Ensure each villager in the assigned credit class has achieved a minimum of 180 hours of instruction and has complied with AdvancEd guidelines
- Write final evaluations of each credit villager, along with a course summary. These evaluations must be typed and given to the Credit Abroad Facilitator before the end of the session.
- Keep the Credit Abroad Facilitator apprised of students’ progress.
- Work under the direction of the dean and/or Credit Abroad Facilitator.
- Assume responsibility for counseling duties as designated by the dean and/or Credit Abroad Facilitator and participate in the total Village program, both in Minnesota and abroad. Duties may include supervision of villagers on buses, in flight, in hotels/hostels, in restaurants and on excursions
- Assist Credit Abroad Facilitator in supporting logistical pieces associated with the abroad/travel portion of the program
Starting $500 per one week period, room and board.