What is life as a Village healthcare provider like?
We staff nurses at the following Villages:
- French, German, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Arabic, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese & the UN isolation area
- Providers should be prepared to work a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks
- Shifts start/end on Saturdays
- Language skills not required
- Although the day-to-day activities in a village are conducted in that target language, English is spoken in the health center
- Villagers and staff come from around the world, so while Western medicine is the dominant model, complementary modalities, such as acupuncture, are also evident
- Live in the health centers
- Our providers live in private quarters within the health centers
What are the main responsibilities of healthcare providers?
- Health screening and intakes
- Village-wide education and training on prevention
- Medication intake and administration
- General physical and mental health first aid (kids & staff)
- Documenting with an electronic medical records system, CampDoc
What support systems are available to providers?
- Health center interns, mental health responder team, Village dean/leadership, supervising physician and the CLV Health and Wellness team
Learn More About Our Available Positions: