- Completion of of at least one year in college/university/post-secondary school, at fully enrolled status
- Completion of intermediate level or higher of language study (typically, second- or third-year coursework at the university level)
- Experience working with children and adolescents
- Experience living and working in a rustic, outdoor environment
- Skills in recreational areas (e.g., swimming, archery, guitar) and/or culture (i.e., music, arts, sports related to the Village culture)
- Previous Concordia Language Villages or other camp experience (residential or day only), preferred
- Create a physically and psychologically safe environment for villagers and other staff.
- Participate in all aspects of Village life, including meals, song times, evening programs, cultural presentations and staff meetings. Lead or assist as directed.
- Teach small language classes and/or activity classes.
- Live in a cabin with children (“villagers”), as part of a counseling team, to provide supervision. Lead games, Cabin Council and other activities to create a cabin community.
- Serve as a positive role model for desired behaviors among villagers, including use of Village language.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the dean and leadership staff.
Starting at $290 for a one-week period, room and board.