Staff Qualifications and Responsibilities
All positions are equally important to the success of Concordia Language Villages programs. It is of prime importance that all candidates enjoy working with and have the ability to supervise young people (minors, ages 0 up to 18) in the close proximity of the Village setting. Please read each job description carefully to fully understand the qualifications and responsibilities of each position.
General Responsibilities of All Positions
- Be familiar with and abide by specific policies set forth in the "Personnel Policies," which are designated by Concordia Language Villages administration and individual Village deans.
- Read and become familiar with the responsibilities for your specific area of assignment.
- After receiving your Staff Handbook and other material from the Village dean, read all information carefully and thoroughly before arriving at the Village.
- Be advised the entire staff of each Village is under the direction of and is responsible to the dean. While some positions are supervised by other staff, the dean retains ultimate authority and responsibility for the Village.
- Report to orientation prior to your first session as designated by your staff agreement.
- Assist with setting up the Village, preparing for the next session, and maintaining the Village throughout the session.
- Speak the target language with villagers and staff members as much as possible.
- Live in community living arrangements, assigned according to sex; nearly all positions include living and sleeping in a cabin or other housing unit with villagers (participants) of the same sex; positions that do not include living with villagers do include living with other staff members of the same sex.
- Be prepared to use communal showers and bathrooms, assigned according to sex.
- Model standards for behavior and be sensitive to the health and welfare of the villagers.
- Remain one day after your final session for cleanup, inventory and evaluation of the program.
- Be at least 16 years of age to be considered for a staff position.
- Be at least 18 years of age to be considered for a staff position if you are not a United States citizen.
Summer Healthcare Positions
Our J-1 Visa does not authorize us to hire kitchen or nursing personnel from outside the United States.
Health Center Assistant
Village First Aider
Summer Support Positions
Our J-I Visa does not authorize us to hire any of these support positions from outside the United States. Support positions are for U.S. citizens only.
Multi-Village Orientation Assistant
Office Assistant: Bemidji
Retail Warehouse Assistant
Technology Support Assistant
After School Language Immersion Programs - Spanish Teachers
Twin Cities Day Camp Positions
Day Camp Assistant Counselor
Day Camp Lead Counselor
Day Camp Facilitator