"The mission of Concordia Language Villages is to prepare young people for responsible citizenship in our global community."
A responsible world citizen is one who:
- understands and appreciates cultural diversity.
- communicates with confidence and cultural sensitivity in more than one language.
- responds creatively and critically to issues which transcend national boundaries.
- expresses empathy for neighbors in the global village.
- promotes a world view of peace, justice and sustainability for all.
Concordia Language Villages reflects the mission of Concordia College, which is to influence the affairs of the world by sending into society thoughtful and informed men and women dedicated to the Christian life. The college's mission is inclusive in composition, global in scope and reconciling in intention.