Ukens oppskrift - Risengrynsgrøtpai
Published: December 15, 2017
For the dough:
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 9 tbsp cold butter
For the filling
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cups risengrynsgrøt
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Begin by combining the flour and sugar for the dough. Add in the butter in pieces and mix well with a food processor or your hands
- Press the dough into a 9 inch pie dish and smooth out the edges. Place in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour
- Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator and prick holes in it with a fork. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, melt the butter for the filling. Lightly beat the eggs and two-thirds of the sugar with a fork. Stir the egg mixture into the grøt with the butter and zests.
- Spread the batter in the baked pie shell and sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes until it is golden brown.
Risengrynsgrøtpai can be served warm or cold but is best with whipped cream and jam!