Foodie Fridays: Mustikkapiirakka
Published: March 7, 2019
Happy Foodie Friday! Wishing of warm summer days where this week's treat, Mustikkapiirakka, is enjoyed with coffee! Get the recipe for Finnish Blueberry Pie below!
7 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup al-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
7/8 cup sour cream (creme fraise)
1/3 -1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 cup blueberries
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400
2) In a medium bowl mix the flour with the baking powder. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter with sugar. Add the egg and make sure it is mixed well. Gradually add the flour/baking powder mix into the batter.
4) Grease a pie dish. Evenly press the pie batter into the pan making sure that the bottom and the rims are covered.
5) In a medium bowl using an electric mixer beat the sour cream, egg and sugar. Add the blueberries and gently mix with a wooden spoon. Evenly spread the filling on the pie crust.
6) Bake for 25-30 minutes on the lower oven rack.