Foodie Fridays: Lusikkaleivat
Published: December 2, 2019
This week's Foodie Friday is Lusikkaleivat - Spoon Cookies!
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup jam
1) Set oven to 325 degrees.
2) Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3) Melt butter in small pan - continue until butter begins to brown.
4) Pour butter into a bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
5) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
6) Add egg yolk, sugar and vanilla extract to dry mixture.
7) Add in butter and mix until dough is crumbly.
8) Using a teaspoon (or small spoon), pack the dough into the spoon then use a butter knife or edge of bowl to even off top of spoon to form cookie.
9) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
11) Spread jam onto each cookie and put two cookie together to form a “sandwich.”
12) Dust with powdered sugar