Foodie Friday: Kalakukko
Published: March 7, 2020
This week's Foodie Friday receipe is Kalakukko. (It can be modified to fit your needs for Lent as well!)
- 1 large round loaf of unsliced bread
- 1 lb. desired fish, cleaned
- 4 slices of diced bacon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- Make cut 1 1/2 inches from top of loaf lengthwise to create a lid.
- Pull out some of the interior bread to make room for the fish.
- In bread cavity, layer bacon and fish.
- Top with salt and place bread lid on top.
- Brush outside of bread with softened butter.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours.
- Let stand in foil in oven for an additional hour with oven off.