6 Things to Know About Scholarships
Published: January 19, 2020
Sending your loved one to camp can be expensive. At Concordia Language Villages, there are many opportunities for scholarhsips that can dramatically reduce the cost for a one week, two week, or four week Salolampi experience. Here are six tips you need to know about scholarships:
1) If you register before April 1st, you will receive an early bird discount of $50.
2) The Salolampi Foundation will also match $100 per week spent at Saloampi to any villager who receives a scholarship from a Finnish Partner Organization in North America. Paperwork must be submitted by May 1st.
3) The Finnish American Cultural Activities (FACA) Twin Cities offer scholarships up tp $400 for children or relatives of a FACA member. Please contact Kathleen Jackson at 651-739-3102 by April 1st for further information and an application.
4) Applying for the Passport Fund allows you to apply for funding from multiple sources with one application. Apply by February 19th, 2020 by going to the My Village Portal.
5) Minnesota residents whose children qualify for free or reduced lunch through their school may qualify for the Minnesota Office of Higher Education Summer Stipend.
6) Additional travel and upper peninsula scholarships are available through the Salolampi Foundation.