Al-Wāḥa T-Shirt Design Contest
Published: December 11, 2018
We are launching the first annual Al-Wāḥa T-Shirt Contest. ENTER HERE !
Have you spent these winter months thinking back to your days at Al-Wāḥa, your friends from your bayt (بيت), your ‘a’ila (عائلة)and your mughamara (مغامرة)? Have you been pining for Aziz’s koshari (كشري) and mana’eesh (مناقيش), the smooshy sand at al-buhayra (البحيرة), the cushy cushions in Al-Qahira (القاهرة), or the white hot heat of the Markplatz at International Day? Well, we have a great way for you to bring the Al-Wāḥa spirit into your winter months: design Al-Wāḥa’s 2019 T-shirt!
1.Create a design with a theme related to Al-Wāḥa, Arabic language and culture, the Language Villages, or all of these!
- Do it digitally: Computer generated design submission should be saved to 300 dpi to produce a quality output. Acceptable files are high resolution JPGs, TIFFs, AI and EPS files.
- Or do it on paper: You may also draw or print your design on 8-1/2” x 11” paper
- Make sure your art is original, meaning it has not been previously published, and must not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business (sorry, no Disney themes).
2. Submit your design by January 18, 2019 by filling out the online form. You can submit your digital or scanned image there, or mail a hard copy of your design to:Al-Wāḥa T-shirt Design Contest c/o Sara Shams Nimis Concordia Language Villages 8659 Thorsonveien Rd NE, Bemidji, MN 56601
TIPS FOR CREATING A WINNING DESIGN:
- Develop a T-shirt concept that will mean something to most of us who have been to Al-Wāḥa
- Make a design that is bold and simple, by using only a few contrasting colors that will really *pop* on a T-shirt,
- Avoid including the year, so we can easily keep selling your design year after in the dukkan (store),
- Make a design that will fit on the front of a T-shirt within a 12” x 12” dimension,
- Look for online tools that will help you see what your design will look like when printed.
Besides enjoying the glory of seeing the whole village wearing their art, the winner will be awarded a free Al-Wāḥa T-shirt with their original design on it!