Groups and Fundraising for Village Weekends
We encourage you to apply early because programs fill fast. Be sure to note which are regular or long weekends, and which are for your students’ age groups. Also note chaperone and lead teacher requirements.
Organizing a Group
- Present the information to your students to generate interest.
- Choose a program date.
- Poll the students to find out how many are interested in coming.
- Send a Request for Reservation form to our office.
- Send the registration link and parent letter to students' families so they can discuss the opportunity. Set a deadline for students to submit the registration.
- Organize a group of students to work on promoting attendance and raising funds.
- Determine the possibilities for subsidizing the trip through fundraising.
- Follow up with students to ensure all registration have been submitted, approximately four weeks before the program.
- Collect remaining fees from students and forward them to the Village Weekends office at least 30 days before the session begins.
- Meet with participants and chaperones to exchange student/parent information. This is a good time to cover Concordia Language Villages policies and discuss meeting places, departure and return times.
To defray program and/or transportation costs many teachers and students hold fundraisers. These can include candy sales at school or in the community, car washes or yard work (for donations rather than a set fee), or ethnic dinner. Many schools have also received donations from local businesses or service organizations. Sometimes the school’s language club provides financial support or the school supplies transportation.